Whitebridge - Australia
Weimaraners have been a part of our life since 1973. We live on 3 beautiful acres at Whitebridge which is a seaside suburb of Newcastle in the Hunter Valley Region of NSW Australia. We are surrounded by the Glenrock State Conservation Area and we feel blessed to have the best of both the seaside, the forest and many beautiful areas close by to free run our dogs.
This website is a work in progress when is a website ever finished?
At Somerford Weimaraners we love our beautiful dogs and we care very much for each of our companions. We are very proud of the dogs that we have bred over the years and we are passionate about breed. We are registered Australian Weimaraner Breeders.
We have chosen the colour Orange as our marketing colour. Why?... Simply... because orange is the colour of JOY and our Weimaraners bring us such great joy and also to the lives of our family and friends. When you look at our dogs you will notice that we like to name them after famous Screen Legends from the early part of the 20th Century, names like Judy Garland, Liz Taylor and Bette Davis we like to enjoy life, laugh a lot and our dogs are part of that enjoyment.
When you read the information on our web site and look at the pictures on our site, you will see that we strive to breed beautiful weimaraner puppies both as family companions and show dogs and versatile hunting dogs. We plan each breeding very carefully and we purposefully select for good health and temperament in all of our brood dogs and bitches.
We advertise and promote our kennels and dogs regularly.
We own one of Newcastle's largest pet retail warehouses and we help and advise people in the care of their dogs and pets on a daily basis.We actively participate in the well being of our dogs and weimaraner puppies.
* Jim has been involved in the dog world for over 35 years and has extensive knowledge and experience with Weimaraners and their breeding.
* The Somerford Weimaraner Prefix was first registered in 1973.
* Jim is a very keen student of genetics and he invests a great deal of time and effort into the planned breeding of each litter of weimaraner puppies that we breed. You should see his data base of weimaraner pedigrees and memorabillia. He spend hours adding dogs an information to his data base.
*We have an extensive semen bank from some of the top weimaraner stud dogs, both here and from overseas countries to select from when we plan the breeding of each litter.
* Our dogs largely eat a natural diet, something Jim has always supported, I am told he fed a BARF style diet before the diet was even invented and we always recommend minimal use of vaccines on our puppies.
* We support and encourage all of our weimaraner puppy owners to learn more about this noble breed. We are here to help and you will find we are always happy to share our passion for this breed. We have a FAQ section of our website that we add to all the time. We also have a section on weimaraner story's that we encourage people to contribute to.
* Danny has a local pet chat radio program where he talks with Vets who are on the show about pet care/pet products and interviews other breeders of pure bred dogs.
* We keep up to date with health care issues and have our specialist vet consult on our premises weekly..
*We invest a lot of time with our weimaraner puppies and they are socialised with older dogs and humans well before they leave our home.
* We have strong friendships and some very important mentors in our breed fraternity, Laine Knox ( Ashlaren), Carol Thompson ( Kadma), Joan Valdez ( Valmar) Jean Hutchison (Hollowhills).
* We have bred, dogs that have attained top awards including Best in Show, Best in Show Specialty and Best in Group.
* Some of our dogs have attained other titles including obedience, tracking and agility awards.
* Many of the dogs that we have bred are simply wonderful weimaraners loved and adored by familes in many parts of Australia and some in other countries.
* We also test for genetic diseases in our dogs.
* Jim and Danny are members jointly or individually of the New South Wales Weimaraner Club, Queensland Weimaraner Club,Dogs New South Wales and we support local community events.
* Our memberships with these clubs ensure that we keep up to date with current infomation on the breed and that we adhere to a strict code of ethics of registered Australian weimaraner breeders.
* We have tried to create a website that is not entirely focussed on the same sorts of things that you will find on many other Australian Weimaraner Breeder websites and we hope you enjoy the difference. Please join our mailing list as Jim maintains a diary blog and if you are on our mailing lits you will receive an email each time he updates the blog with news or upcoming events.
Danny Boskovski 0438289798 - James Delaney 0418689725
email@example.com : firstname.lastname@example.org